Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Scavenger Hunt on the Internet

On Monday’s class we had an assignment to go on a scavenger hunt on the internet. We had nineteen items we had to find and I thought it was going to be relatively simple. We divided up the work I was working on question three. The first two question we my teammates did quickly but I got stuck on number three because it asked me for old information, I had to look through many sites to go through to find it. When I search on google there are literally millions and millions of search results. But just typing in the question didn’t work so I had to choose key words just to get around to find it, it took me awhile. But without the doubt the hardest was to find the married name of the professor’s younger sister. One team found it so quick and easy I don’t know how they managed that. We don’t know what she looked like, professor never talked about her so we had no context. That question we spent the rest of class time on we still couldn’t find it. Some people went to Facebook, some went to historical records. Still that’s millions of people to look through even if we know the family names of the professor there are still multiple people with same names. What it does illustrate is that we can find ourselves on the internet even without us ever doing anything, maybe because of a friend or a meeting we attended to.               

No comments:

Post a Comment